Travel Medicine responds to the needs of today’s international travelers and visitors through preventative measures. The key to a healthy trip or visit is proper planning, education, and immunizations. Morledge Medical recommends the following:
- Be informed about the latest State Department travel advisories for your destination
- Seek pre-travel immunizations and medical advice to learn if your personal medical conditions can be aggravated by international travel
- Take appropriate precautions against accidental injury and for personal safety
- Devise a contingency plan for emergency medical care during travel
- Know the procedures and documentation needed by your insurance provider for any medical treatment you might require abroad.
Morledge Medical provides comprehensive pre-travel consultation based on your specific medical condition and planned destinations. We help you explore destination and itinerary issues, recommend supplemental resources, suggest preventative strategies and intervention tactics. Should you have questions or feel symptoms upon your return, Morledge Medical is ready to be of assistance.
Morledge Medical also responds to many of New York City’s international visitors in need of consultation, treatment or referral to New York’s preeminent medical specialists while visiting the United States.
Click here to be Aware of Travel Warnings & Travel Alerts for smart travel worldwide.
Click here for Precautions recommended for healthy travel.